Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year!

I absolutely can not believe that it is 2010! I remember Y2K (as it was refereed) like it was yesterday...so hard to believe that here we sit TEN years later, and hard to believe that I was a mere sixteen years old then! My how time flies when you are having fun!! As I warmly embrace 2010, here are a few things that I hope to accomplish and strive to be better at (in no particular order):

-I want to be a better cook and I want to enjoy cooking! I started off the week right by sitting down last Saturday morning and planning out my meals for the week, then hit the grocery store mid-morning to pick everything up that I would need. So far this week I have made Salsa Chicken on Monday night, BBQ Ribs in the crock pot on Tuesday night, and Talapia last night. I think I may start "meal planning Monday's" on my blog to keep me accountable!

-Read more books...on the deck right now I have "The Boy In The Stripped Pajamas", "Sheet Music", and "The Abs Diet". After those I would like to read "Dear John" and "For Women Only". I got sucked into the Twilight series last year and I would LOVE to find a series that I would love just as much. Any suggestions?

-Work out on a consistent basis. I always have the best of intentions and do well for a while, then just totally suck for a while. I need and want to be consistent so that I can lose the 10 lbs that I would like to! My goal - work out before work on Tuesday and Thursday mornings before work and then on the weekend. The idea of getting ready at the gym is not totally appealing, but it's nice in the locker room and a girls got to do what a girls got to do, right?! Time to get serious!!!

-Keep my nails painted. I do good with my toes, need to work on keeping my fingers painted.

-Spend more time with friends and keep up with what's going on in their lives. With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, all too often I find that it's been more time than I would have liked since I last talked to my sweet girlfriends!

-Be craftier. (Is that a word?!)

-Drew and I bought a couples devotional book that we will start on Monday. Our goal is to have our couples devotional every day with each other....looking very forward to that special time together!

-Drink more water. I have gotten a ton better, but could defiantly still drink more.

-Make my sisters months of engagement and wedding as special as I can! My goal is to fill it with many special memories and fabulous girlie showers. There is nothing like this special time in her life and I am so excited to share in it with her as her MOH!

-Become more involved in Preston Trail...we love this special church and are so glad that the Lord has placed it in our lives.

-Love on my sweet husband more and make him feel special every single day...can a wife really ever do this enough? I have been blessed with the most wonderful husband and I am so very thankful to call him my love!

-I would love to travel more and I need/want to get better about traveling in the car. If driving in the car helps me get to visit a place that I have never visited before, I want to be ok with it and excited about it! (silly I know, but I really really dislike traveling in the car for long distances).

-Stay organized. I know it sounds crazy because I use to be an organize freak, but since I have gotten married, I have become less organized/my husband has helped me chill out a bit :). I bought myself a planner that I am carrying around with me in my purse...tried using the iPod, but I guess I'm just an old fashion girl, I love my pen and paper calendar. Here's to keeping up with what's going down in 2010!

-Learn to love red wine. I love white, but can't do red....yet.

Cheer's to a new year!

2 comments:

Jenna B said...

Fun! I love your blog. Hooray for meal planning! It helped me start to like cooking more. I still don't LOVE cooking, but we're friends now. As for a good series to read...well! A series that is as consuming (for me) as Twilight is the "Mark of the Lion" series by Francine Rivers. "A Voice in the Wind" is the first book. The Shopaholic books are fun too, by Sophie Kinsella. Happy cooking and happy reading!

The Allens said...

Love your resolutions! I have some of the very same! I pray you have a blessed 2010!