Thursday, January 28, 2010

YUM

On what has turned into a cold and rainy afternoon, I am SO glad that Chili is cooking up at home in my Crock Pot! There is nothing better than a warm bowl of chili on a dreary day. I got the recipe from Mrs. Paige and I can't wait to try it! One hour stands between me and a snuggle night with my boys...

Chili Recipe from Paige
1 lb. lean ground beef*
1 16-oz. can chili beans (Bush's makes a good kind)
2 16-oz. cans diced tomatoes (I look for ones that are garlic/onion flavored or spicy)
2 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. cumin
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
Salt and pepper liberally to taste

Simmer in crock pot for 8 hours. Add 1/2 cup water if you like it a little liquidy. (It will look very chunky when you first make it, but will cook up a lot of juice.) Add seasonings or subtract to taste. Serve with crushed crackers, cheddar cheese, onions or whatever you like!

*I used turkey instead of beef, I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments: