Saturday, July 12, 2008

I can hear the bells!

Since it's been a while since I last updated...I have lots of news...so hold onto your britches, this could be a long one! Our weekend getaway - Well our little Brian David got MARRIED! He and his beautiful bride tied the knot on July 5th, and their big day was nothing but picture perfect! Mom and I jumped on a plane July 4th, made a pit stop in Chi-town for some lunch, then finally landed at our destination in Columbus that afternoon. Once we arrived at our hotel, we did a quick outfit change, then headed to a barbecue at Kate's parents house. The weather in Ohio is just BEAUTIFUL (I'm talkin 70's and 80's in July...Toto I don't think we are in Texas anymore!) so you better believe that we soaked it up while we were there! It was so much fun hanging out with family, our Dallas friends, and meeting Kate's precious family at the July 4th get together. I did some research before headed to Ohio and can I tell you that there is just not a heck of a whole lot to do in Columbus, but mom and I can make fun out of anything, and that we did! On Saturday we slept in a little (it was glorious) and then we got up and headed to a precious little downtown area where we shopped and had ice cream at an old fashion ice cream parlor...you can't go wrong with beautiful weather, shopping, and ice cream! :) Then that evening it was time to get dolled up for the wedding festivities. The evening was just BEAUTIFUL and mom and I were so thankful that we got to share in their big day with them! (I unfortunately didn't get any good pictures of Brian and Kate, but below are some pictures from our weekend). And before I end, I have to give a shout out to our Jilly! (our new navigation system) Jill chauffeured us around town like a great little hostess and we would have been lost without her! Thank you thank you Jilly!






When mom and I got back in town on Sunday, MELLIE WAS HERE! It was the most wonderful thing to come home to! We miss her so so much this summer and can't wait for her to come home in just a few short weeks! Love you pretty lady! Another new job - Yep, you heard it right...Drew got a new job! He accepted a job with Wells Fargo as a credit analyst in commercial lending. He starts on Monday and we are SO excited!!! It was hard for him the leave the amazing guys that he worked with, but he is excited about the new industry that he is about to embark on. Cheers to us both having new jobs and to a new chapter in our life!!! And while we are on the subject of jobs, I just have to chime in and say that I LOVE my new job! It couldn't be more wonderful and I am so so thankful for the new start! A new house - No no no, not us (yet) but mom and dad have come to a decision to build a house in McKinney! We could not be more excited for them!!! We will keep you updated with pictures and postings as the building process begins and develops! Congrats you guys! We love you!

No comments: