Wednesday, December 3, 2008

B E W A R E

...of the Mary Kay ladies! Apparently they are out in full force these last few months!

After being approached by a Mary Kay lady not to long ago while shopping at Target...Yesterday I was at Stonebriar mall during my lunch hour doing a little bit of Christmas shopping :), when all of a sudden, as I was approaching the Gap, I hear an "excuse me excuse me excuse me!" So after realizing that the "excuse me's" were for me because they were not stopping, I turned around and was greeted by a lady (who was cute and dressed nicely). Might I also add that she was completely out of breath because she literally chased me up the stairs! She told me that she thought I was just precious and so put together and she just had to come and talk to me (I knew she was up to something). After her speech of "I own my own business and am always looking for confident women"...it came out that she was a Mary Kay consultant.

Not that I was every really interested in what she was saying, because I knew from the beginning that she was up to something...selling something, a consultant, a recruiter, or something of the like...but when Mary Kay came out of her mouth I completely turned her off. So I politely listened to the rest of her speech and then she asked for my name, which I gave her my first name. And then she asked for my number, which I gave her!!!??! WHY WHY WHY DO PEOPLE ASK FOR YOUR NUMBER?! They must know that I am to nice to flat out say no. When people ask me for it, I automatically think there is NO WAY that I want this person to have my number, but I don't think fast enough to give them a wrong number and I feel like it would be rude to just say no. I know it wouldn't really be rude, and I'm sure that she get's a lot of no's...but none the less, I gave her my correct number and then walked away KICKING myself for doing so. Needless to say, I'll be screening my calls is in the near future!

Beware of the MK ladies! Coming soon to a mall near you!

5 comments:

Kendall and Brooks said...

That is so funny! You didn't happen to get caught by a Mary Kay lady at the Target off Eldorado in Frisco did you? Because I was there a few months ago and hid in my dressing room until I heard her finish her speech to the dressing room attendant and leave :) haha

Natalie ODonnell said...

That is horrible! They are out in full force! Luckily, I haven't been a victim (yet) but several people at work have told me - beware of the ladies who say "you look like a model!" Before you know it, you've spent $100 to get her to leave! YIKES!

Brittany said...

This is hilarious because I was approached by a lady at Target (in Lewisville) and I ended up going to the class she had and signed up that day to become a sales rep for them! She used the "you look like a model" approach and I fell for it! I'm such a sucker! haha! That lasted all of about a month and then I gave the "free" bags I got (for $100) to the Good Will.
They make that Cadillac look so easy to get!!!

Jen McCrady said...

That happened to me at Starbucks! Ugh!

The Siegel's said...

They call non stop!!! I am serious they dont get the hint either... have fun! haha I had to get Jimmy to answer one night and tell her nicely to stop calling me