Monday, August 23, 2010

Happy 1st and Meal Planning Monday


Well today is the first day of school!!! For me, that means crazy traffic outside our neighborhood (joy), but for a ton of my sweet friends, it means starting a new year, with new kiddos, challenges and joys. I would like to give a shout out to my precious little sister who starts student teaching today! Your first day outfit is just precious and I know that you are going to be absolutely fabulous and the kids are just going to adore you! A few more special shout outs to my loves Em and Jewels! Both pros at first days by now, but I wish you both a very special and stress-free first day (if there can be such a thing). I can't wait to hear all of your cute student stories, so remember them all! After hearing stories and experiencing all of the hard work that my sweet friends willingly do day in and day out, I have to tell you, it takes a very special person to be a teacher! If my future kids have teachers that are half the teacher that all of you are I will feel so blessed! Love you each so very much! Cheers to a wonderful year!

On another note, my momma starts her new job today! The Lord has blessed her with an amazing opportunity that we have been praying about for almost a year now. He is so good! I could not be more excited for you mom and can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you as you begin this new journey!

And now onto meal planning (I WILL be better at posting these!):
Monday - Taco Soup (recipe from Em) with chips and homemade salsa
Tuesday - Pesto Shrimp Pasta with salad and bread
Wednesday - Yolanda's Famous Chicken with squash and zucchini
Thursday - Chicken Pasta Salad with Cantaloupe
Friday - Fish Tacos with Black Bean and Corn Salsa (minus the mayo, yuck!)
Saturday - Date Night Out

No comments: