Thursday, April 9, 2009

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Start To My Morning

So this morning I was down to my last action item during my daily routine....straightening my hair (makeup on, hair dry, clothes on)...LITERALLY all I had left to do was straighten, throw my jewelry on, and run out the door. When I went to run the straightener through my hair I noticed that it was not piping hot like it normally is because it did absolutely nothing to my hair....so I let it set for a few more minutes and then thought I would check it again...maybe I just didn't give it enough time to warm up (wishful thinking!). So I waited, and then checked again, SAME THING! DURN! So I messed with the heat dial for a minute thinking maybe it got moved and it was on the low heat setting (again wishful thinking!). STILL NOTHING! So it was official, MY STRAIGHTENER WAS DEAD! ....Always a great way to start a morning! So, I threw my head under the sink, completely wet my hair, and then proceeded to dry it with a circle brush.

*Side note: Got my hair cut last night....my hair dresser got a taaaaad bit happy, so it's too short :( Good thing my hair grows fast (thats me "trying to be positive"). Next week I'm going to Chicago with the roomies and I hope that I can come to grips with my hair enough to not hate it in every picture! :( I'm thinking that once I can actually straighten it I will like it better :)

So, here I sit at work, with my circle brush dried hair and I strongly believe that I could be mistaken for Miss Fort Worth. Huge hair and it's humid outside...yeah! It's going to be a great day :(

...I know where I'll be going during lunch...Sally's here I come!

5 comments:

Natalie ODonnell said...

I'm almost in tears laughing from the visual I had as panic hit your face when the straightener went out! I hate when that happens, especially when you're literally running out the door! I hope you love it after your Sally's run. I'd hate for you "hate it" in all the pics next week :( Come on Sally's, please pull through!!

Jenna B said...

Aw! That is a rough morning!

Jen McCrady said...

so weird--my chi died on sunday, and it was a VERY disheartening feeling! i had to buy a knock-off because i can't afford the real thing...ugh. definitely not a chi.

Kendall and Brooks said...

Left you a surprise over at my blog :)

Jen McCrady said...

dude... it is JUNE! i miss your blog!